Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome to Ms. Pedro's Conversation Class


Well, come on in! 

Dear Parents, 
My name is Carmen Pedro and welcome to my blog. I will be teaching CONVERSATION to Grades 2, 4 and 6 and posting the homework on this site. From time to time I will also post a  link to a website or an article of interest to read at your leisure. Feel free to share this with your child if you want.  You will be able to access this blog on any device ; PC, I-Pad and smart phone. 
     
One thing to remember first and foremost is that 'a child's job is to play.'  

With that in mind, please realize that I will only see your child once a week and homework is due the following week in class. If I need to check the books, they will be left with me and one of the class leaders will collect them the next day. So there should be no excuses for 'no homework or late homework.'

GRADE 2 STUDENTS:The main content for homework will be in the form of listening to the Happy Street 1 CD that comes with the student book.  I will print relevant worksheets to compliment what they have done in class.  Check  the blog for any links to interactive sites to improve your child's English. 

GRADE 4 and 6 STUDENTS: I have set up classes on the student website for Brainwave books.  I will show students how to access it but you might have to help them  register at home.  They won't have to complete all the tasks, only the ones assigned. 
GRADE 4 and 6 students will have to complete tasks online for grading. 
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE SCORES WILL BE ADDED TO THEIR TOTAL AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER. 
0 work =  0 score. 
I will check to see if students are doing the work every third Friday. 
  Occasionally I will ask them to do an assignment that may require your help, for example, providing them with a family picture. Please do not embarrass your child by giving them an excuse for not doing the homework... 'My mom/dad didn't give me a picture.' 
Ms. Carmen  G. Pedro


No comments:

Post a Comment