Wednesday, March 9, 2016

If the animals can do it, so can we!

Dear Parents and Students,

Parent Teacher Conference
Thank you to everyone who made it on Saturday, March 5th, 2016. Your presence was appreciated. Please ask your child for their folder and sign their quiz sheets.

The scores for the tests will be on Learnboost on Friday afternoon. You will be able to use the same account and password. I will also post all Glog information on Friday so that the students can review for their exams.

Please note that Review and Listening exams will take place during Week 6(March 20th-March 26th),and Written Exam will take place in Week 7(March 27th -April 2nd).

Mr. Bingle’s memorial
I want to thank all those who attended and contributed in other ways to the memorial service for Teacher Johan on Tuesday, March 8th, 2016.
Below are some of the notes the students wrote, some of them are funny and others make you think.


“Mr. Bingle, Some of our classmates cannot be here today but they’ve written some thoughts to take with you.”

“How are you?” Every time when I saw him, he always said it like this and I always said 'fine'. When I didn't know something, he would always say, “just ask me” and he always said,” you can do better!”
I didn't always want to do better but now I know what the teacher was talking about.
Can you hear me? I like you!
Max Gu

I really don't know what else to say, Thank you!'
Sindy

Thank you for teaching us. You would help us if we had a problem. You would solve it.
You would let us play games to practice our English.
Amber

Mr. Bingle, you really liked to play bingo and so did I!
Samuel

I was not your student but I think you were a good teacher. I saw you with the other students and you were having fun!
Lini

I remember when you taught us English. Your blue eyes were very beautiful. Thank you for teaching me!
Lerler

Mr. Bingle, you made me feel welcome in grade 4 and gave me good grades.
Louis

Mr. Bingle, I want to tell you that we are good now, so don't worry about our things. I know that I was not good in your class, but I am good now. Thank you very much!
Apple

Mr. Bingle, Thank you for giving us money to buy things in your class.
Brian

Dear Mr. Bingle, I remember that you gave us money, not real money, to buy things in class. Thank you.
Eric

Mr. Bingle, You were a good teacher. We love you!
Sean

Mr. Bingle, I remember that you liked to play bingo!
Andre


Mr. Bingle told me so many good stories. We really enjoyed them.
We also liked to play bingo with you because it was a lot of fun.
Sky

I remember when we were in Grade 4, Mr. Bingle always taught us more than the book. He said we were smart because he thought we could do better. And we did!
Wendy


I remember you said, I am smart because I am so lazy! Thank you for helping me have a great grade 4.
Carl

Don't forget your communication book! That's what you always said to me.
Max

Mr. Bingle, you helped me learn English!
Ryan

I remember you buying fantasy money that we could buy presents with.
Enoch

Mr. Bingle said that my words were ugly and I had to write it over and over again. My words are a little better now.
ACC

I remember Mr. Bingle’s smiling face and that he was proud of us.
Angel

I remember Teacher Bingle shouted at me to be quiet. It’s weird and funny but now I am thankful to him for shouting at me.
Leo

Sometimes Mr. Bingle would draw on the board and use his hands to teach us. We would play games with some money. He was a kind teacher and he wanted us to be good students. Thank you!
Mia

To Teacher Bingle,
Thank you for teaching me. Your student,
 Catherine

Mr. Bingle, I remember if we were being bad or too noisy, you would say ‘Ka-ching, ka-ching!’ and take our money.
Jacob

I remember when you taught us and shouted at us!
Jamie

Mr. Bingle made me realize that if I keep going, I will have a better life.
Dana

Mr. Bingle, I was not in your class, but I know that the students will miss you. You were a very, very, very, good teacher.
Harry


Outing
We have an outing today and will be going to Y17 to do some wall climbing. We’ll be setting some class records and learning to face our fears.

First Monthly Exams Scope:
 1: Week 1-4 Vocabulary
2. Week 1-4 Grammar
3 Week 1-4 Worksheets
4. My Sidewalks on Reading Street Level C p86-133

Homework:
Please check the communication books as well.
Wednesday:
1. Review p124-132
3. Read the weekly sentences and correct them.
4. Worksheet complete p6-7
5. Corrections

Thursday:
1. Review p124-132
2. Review Vocabulary #1-20
3. Worksheet complete Expository Writing section
4. Corrections

Friday:
1. Review p124-132
2. Recite Weekly conversation
3. Read the weekly sentences and correct them.
4. Corrections
5. Review for Monthly Exams

Looking forward to a less hectic week,

Carmen 

No comments:

Post a Comment